The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) issued Notice 2018-06 to:
- Extend the due date for furnishing to individuals the 2017 Form 1095-C, Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage, and the 2017 Form 1095-B, Health Coverage from Jan. 31, 2018, to March 2, 2018; and
- Extend good-faith transition relief from penalties related to 2017 information reporting under Sections 6055 and 6056.
Notice 2018-06 does not extend the due date for filing 1094-C and 1094-B forms with the IRS for 2017. The due date for filing with the IRS remains Feb. 28, 2018 (April 2, 2018, if filing electronically). The IRS is, however, encouraging reporting entities to furnish statements as soon as they are able.
If you have engaged Cornerstone to prepare the forms on your behalf, we will continue to move forward with the timeline we have in place. Contact the insurance consultants at Cornerstone today for more information.
- Top Cited OSHA Violations
- OSHA’s Top Ten Cited Violations of 2019
- Firework and 4th of July Safety
- Navigating Multiple Leaves of Absence Requirements
- Integrating Leaves Of Absence Or Other Accommodations
- Returning to Work Post COVID-19
- Reopening Measures After COVID-19
- How To Support Your Employees in a Time of Uncertainty
- The CARES Act – A Review of the Details
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Update for Employers