Kidnap and Ransom
Success, whether professional or personal, increases the odds that those with criminal intent may be targeting you, your family or a valued person in your business. While distressing to think about, adopting the specialized coverages of Kidnap and Ransom (K&R) insurance provides a measure of comfort if the unimaginable happens.
If a senior business executive or family member is kidnaped, these policies reimburse for ransoms paid, ransom lost in transit, and other expenses, including medical fees, as well as crisis management consultant costs.
Other coverage may include:
- Independent negotiator costs
- Independent public relations firm fees
- Interest on a loan taken for an extortion or a ransom payment
- Personal financial loss
- Reasonable medical, cosmetic, psychiatric, and dental expenses needed by the abducted person
- Independent security guard services