Cornerstone Blog« Back the Blog Home
September 08, 2016 | Leave a Comment
On Aug. 1, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration increased penalties or the first time in more than 25 years. As a catch-up, the adjustments were very significant – an 80% increase! As OSHA is now required to increase penalties annually, workplace safety is more important than ever.
Here is a list of 10 of the most common workplace violations:
- 1926.501: Fall Protection (Construction standard)
- 1910.1200: Hazard Communication
- 1926.451: Scaffolding (Construction standard)
- 1910.134: Respiratory Protection
- 1910.147: Lockout/Tagout
- 1910.178: Powered Industrial Trucks
- 1926.1053: Ladders (Construction standard)
- 1910.305; Electrical, Wiring Methods
- 1910.212: Machine Guarding
- 1910.303: Electrical, General Requirements
By identifying some of the most frequent hazards that occur on the worksite, this list can be used as a guideline for identification of job site risks and how to improve common safety mistakes.
To understand more about these violations, how to identify them, and how to fix errors and prevent incidents on the worksite, watch our latest webinar. Click here to watch the webinar recording and learn more about the top 10 OSHA violations.
Written by: Tom Scherrer, CSP, CFPS, loss control specialist and consultant for The Cornerstone Insurance Group